Friday, September 13, 2013

Help needed!



Along with our plastic free journey, I announced to my husband and boys that I would like to start eliminating all white flour, pasta, rice etc.. My family revolts when I make anything with whole wheat, including homemade bread. I am going to take baby steps and mix our recipe with half wheat and half white flour, pasta, rice etc. Does anyone with a picky family that loves their white products have experience with switching over to whole wheat? If so, please share their reactions and how long it took until they were used to the taste, if ever. 


**Our waste count will be updated on Saturday. It will contain two weeks of waste. We did not update this weekend because Noah and Trey were out of town. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have your own wheat grinder? sometimes when the kids get to see the wheat being turned into wheat flour, it seems more inviting. You can also grind your own corn and do 1/2 wheat, 1/4 white and 1/4 corn bread..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete