Tuesday, July 9, 2013

French Press

  One thing I love about visiting my mom is she has fun new gadgets for me to try. For coffee, I have always used a Keurig with a reusable filter. Even though it is zero waste, the body of the Keurig and filter are made with plastic. I have been searching for plastic free alternatives because drinking from heated plastic can be toxic. Our Keurig also had a habit of dispensing only a quarter of a cup of coffee or other times giving us a cup of mostly water. Our Keurig is only a year old so I am not sure why we are having so many problems with it.

  The picture below is of my mom's French Press.  The container is made of glass and the filter is stainless steel. You also get all of the coffee flavor and zero coffee grinds in your cup. So delicious, fast, simple, plastic free and waste free. 


1 comment: